Sunday, November 7, 2010

Confer-The perfect App for Readers/Writers Workshop?

David Lowe has come up with what may very well be the perfect application for Reader's and Writer's Workshop.  Confer is a note-taking application that is great for tracking conferences with students.  The full program is a $4.99 download from iTunes, but you can check it out by downloading the Confer Lite version.  The program works on iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone.  I just put the Lite version on my Touch and will post my opinions after I try it with students.  Meanwhile, check out these screenshots.



1 comment:

  1. This is a great application. I loaded it on my iPod Touch and added my students. I colored coded them by their F&P reading level, tagged them, and sorted them. I can also sort by teaching points and next steps.

    What is also nice is that i can easily link the program to my Google Docs account and save everything to a printable spreadsheet. The only downside that I see is that I need an iPad. The Touch is too small for my arthritic fingers to do much keyboarding. Two (slightly bent) thumbs up for this one.

    ReplyDelete